Thursday, August 24, 2006

Logic

I was on the bus one day, and there was a passenger who... well, didn't have her faculties intact.

It creeped me out, not because I discriminate against such people, but because I suddenly had the idea that I might be a Woodbridge patient who's having delusions about reality.

And I'd never be able to know that I'm mad, because my perception of logic could be warped.

Scary.

It led me to think; don't mental patients have their own sense of logic too? However, according to the consensus theory, their 'logic' fails them completely.

What if we're actually mental patients, strapped up in tight straitsjackets and being spoonfed by (pretty) nurses, who shake their heads in exasperation each time we try to exercise our 'logic'?

Hence, there is a logical possibility that logic is wrong.

How ironic.

And how... disconcerting.

ru blogged @ 7:41 pm
TagBoard

Archives

July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
June 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
March 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
March 2009
June 2009
July 2009
November 2009
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
January 2011
March 2012

LINKS

None as of yet.

CREDITS

sue(:
Blogger
BlogSkins