Saturday, January 19, 2008


Last night I went for the Timothy trail. The speaker said that we should not spend too much time speculating what we cannot know for sure in the Bible, but instead focus on what the Bible intended to tell us. I thought it was very true. It's like, the purpose of the Bible is to teach us how to live a good christian life, rather than (for example) give scientific facts on giant lizards that romped the earth and then died out.

But there was something I didn't like about the trail, and it was that people seemed to think I was an idiot. I was challenging their definition of 'righteous' in a certain chapter, which seemed to mean 'genuinely good' to me but meant 'falsely good' to them. After a while they said I was too literary and too obsessed with little details, but hello, there is a world of difference between 'genuinely good' and 'falsely good', and the wrong definition can vastly affect one's interpretation of the chapter.

I hate it when people think that i have no commonsense just because i'm supposed to be intellectual and literary and all!!! I hate it when they think that I cannot get to the truth because of that!!!

And so, when I woke up the next day, I felt like running away again.

ru blogged @ 1:45 pm
TagBoard

Archives

July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
June 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
March 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
March 2009
June 2009
July 2009
November 2009
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
January 2011
March 2012

LINKS

None as of yet.

CREDITS

sue(:
Blogger
BlogSkins